Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tuesday's Treasures It's my Birthday

As it is my birthday today I decided to do a special Tuesday Treasures and share some very special photos of my childhood.
There aren't many photos of me taken as a baby because my parents couldn't afford to take photos, I was the 4th child and also a sick baby (I had whooping cough as a young baby).

This is a photo of my Mum and I on Kiama Beach NSW. My brother is in the background. I have always loved this photo so was really glad when my sister had it enlarged and framed for me a few years back.

This is a photo of me in the chicken coop. I don't remember ever having chickens as I was only 2yrs old when this photo was taken.
I love looking at all the old photos that I have as I love the memories that they bring back, especially the memories of my Nan and aunties who I loved very much.
I'm now sitting at home tonight after having dinner with my son being very sentimental thinking about all the good memories of my life. I've been going through my old photo albums (I love looking through them) and have found all my school photos (interesting looking at these) and even a photo that I took of the Aust singer Mark Holden when I saw him live on Countdown in the 1970's. Gee these albums certainly hold some memories.

Don't forget to go and visit Clare's blog to see all the other Tuesday's Treasures. Thanks so much Clare for hosting Tuesday's Treasures. I have really enjoyed playing.

I will now go back to opening my fat quarters from the Fat Quarter Swap that I am in. Thank you to all the lovely ladies for sending me such gorgeous fabrics. Will share a photo soon and also a photo of the gorgeous crocheted rug that my sister has made me for my birthday.

8 comments:

NessaKnits said...

Loved your photos and loved your post. My Aunty handed me a pile of photos last week and as she had always been a photographer of family occasions it is quite a pile of good memories!

Janice said...

Happy Birthday! You were a very sweet little girl.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I hope you had a fantastic day.....what lovely photos....you haven't changed a bit.....

BubzRugz said...

Happy Birthday - it was fun to see the pics and read the stories...
Hugz

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful photos with us on your birthday ! I hope you had a great day , hip hip hooray !

Chookyblue...... said...

oh sorry I missed your birthday.......I have worked extra days this week got myself lost in time.........
HAPPY BIRTHDAY...........did you have an envelope from me to open......

RobynLouise said...

Love the b&w pics. Hope your birthday was lovely.

Jeni said...

hope you had a grand day
hugs
Jeni
dont forget to ring so we can go for coffee