Saturday, July 17, 2010

Flannel Quilt

I have finished the top of my flannel quilt. It has turned out larger than I was going to make it but will be great to wrap myself up in on a cold winter's night watching TV.

I didn't have a pattern so I made up my own .

I cut out 6.5" squares of 3 different fabrics. I then cut out 2.5" strips from 6 fabrics. These I used to frame the squares.

I then joined 6 of these blocks together to make a row. I joined the 6 rows together and then added a stripe border. I mitred the border. I was worried about this being difficult to do but it proved very easy. The border looks very effective being mitred.

I am going to make it into a reversible quilt so now have to design the back.

I haven't sewn in flannels before as they can be hard to buy in Qld. I really enjoyed sewing the flannels and will definitely use them again.

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

the flannel looks fantastic.........

Unknown said...

Great Job on the Quilt...bet it will be Cosy & Warm...
cheers

Janet said...

Looks like a lovely warm quilt for winter nights. I'm looking forward to what you come up with for the backing. ;)

Kylie said...

Looks fantastic Alison and I love the stripped border. xxx

Lynn said...

Lovely quilt, so pretty and yet will be warm for cold evenings. Like the pattern too! Will you put flannel on the back?

Bec said...

The flannel looks yummy and snuggly....looking forward to seeing the back when you get it done.
How was FAME???