Monday, May 31, 2010

Knitted Toys

Joy commented on the knitted toys that were on the bed in a previous post. They were knitted by my mother over 10yrs ago. They are Jean Greenhowe patterns. Mum has made quite a few of these toys over the years for various family members. At 85yrs old she is still knitting toys for her great grandchildren.

This is the Scarecrow Family. There is Sam, Sally and their twins Sonny and Suzie. I also wanted mum to knit me Grandpa Septimus and Grandma Selina but instead of knitting them she gave me the pattern book to knit them myself. The book is in my pile of things to do.

Mum also made a Santa, a Peddler Lady, a St John Ambulance Cadet (as my son was a cadet when he was younger) and a Nurse (as this is my profession).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! these are just gorgeous and SO much work in them. Too fiddly for me to even think of giving it a go. The book would be in my cupboard too.